12.11.2007

Steamboat Construction Update

More new snow in Steamboat Springs today, but it's not slowing down the progress of construction downtown. We've received over 4 feet of new snow in about 2 weeks.

Yesterday, I had the opportunity to see inside the Howelsen Place development for the first time.


After climbing 3 icy ladders and leaving a little blood on the 2nd floor, I found myself perched high above downtown Steamboat Springs, basking in the jaw-dropping panoramic views of the Yampa Valley. Then I realized that I had to get myself down these same icy ladders, and my palms began to sweat and my mind began to race: What the hell am I doing up here? How did I let Tucker the Super talk me into this? I don't have enough insurance. Man, that's a long way down. The construction workers got a pretty good laugh at my expense...


Howelsen Place is poised to be the heavyweight champion of downtown Steamboat Springs.

Public Hard Hat Tours are coming soon.

(...once the stairs are built and the liability waiver is drafted)




No comments: